Anenome Shrivle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
My anenome seems to shrivle up so small that i think hes dead about every 2-3 days....is this normal behavior? Seems to make my clowns sad when he does this and they try to go over and open him up, its quite the scene to watch.

What species is it and how often are you feeding it if at all and how much? How long have you had it and does it have good color?

Cheers
Steve

Its a Rose Anenome and ive only had it about a week. It has great color and also its opened back up nice and seems to be splitting into two.

Ill try to get some pictures to work on here i seem to always have trouble.

Ok i couldnt get them to post on here so i added them to my gallery so take a look. Ill upload some more later ive been to busy working lately to have time. Thanks again for checkin this out.

The pic in your gallery is at night? I am assuming this is when it occurs the most? If so, nothing to be concerned about. Anemones will quite naturally react to changes in light intensity on or off. Quite commonly they will shrink to ½ their daytime size at night and remain so until the light comes on the next day where it exspands to collect light energy.

From the little detail I could make out in that pic, your BTA looks quite healthy.

Cheers
Steve

No, there is 2 pictures in my gallery. the other one on the right is the one that i am talking about. sorry about that. it must not of been accepted when you looked at it.

I'm guessing you labeled the pic "splitting" for obvious reasons... If it is undegoing division, it will shrink quite a bit. It will look like death warmed over for the next little while if that's the case.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom