Angels fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shortysteve23

Aquarium Advice Activist
Will all angel fish eat corals if not what corals will they not touch I'm looking to start adding corals

Most angels are considered NOT coral friendly. There may be people that got lucky and the angel didn't eat their coral but for the most part that's not the case. :)

All fish are individuals. You could have an angel in a reef for 10 years and your corals would all be perfectly fine, but then one day your angel just decides to eat half of a colony. It is a risk, and one not worth taking IMO

I dont know of any coral that an angel is more/less prone to eat though..

So should I try to trade him in I'm wanting to beautify my tank lol dunno if that's a word but **** sure sounds good

So should I try to trade him in I'm wanting to beautify my tank lol dunno if that's a word but **** sure sounds good
Whats more beautiful than an angel or 2,,boring corals:lol: :whistle:
Just load your tank up with mushrooms and rics ...thats my plan

I thought about mushrooms but I don't also don't want to waste money do u have Angels as well?

Yeah,i currently have a juvi french ,but had a koran for 3 years before a power outage killed him (with a few others)..Never touched my shrooms or rics,,but duncans,zoas,frogs,hammers,colt,devils hand,and especially xenia all gone,,talk about a waste of money :lol:

Geez yeah I know corals aren't cheap either, do you have a pic of your angel?

6531504485_57b5548c1a.jpg
What about toadstool coral?
I would bet it'd become a chew toy as well

Here was my koran right before the outage.Still miss this one,,he was really starting to morph into an adult..And heres the juvi french

Got%20the%20Denon%20AVR%201912%20and%20a%20Klipsch%20HD%20500%20set

Attachments

• P1134229fran.jpg
    P1134229fran.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 53
Do you have pics of your coral?
Oh , ithought you wanted fish pics:facepalm:
They all died in the power outage ,but i'm gonna start adding shrooms soon..
I had a ton of red and purples though,,the purples started out as 2 tiny shrooms and the reds were about 10,,They spread and grow like crazy
6060528025_edcfdd8f1c.jpg

4623650953_e601b1be28.jpg

Yea there pretty nice but I wanted something that kinda swooshes a bit look up toadstools

I know a few people that have had angels in there tank with SPS coral for years no problems. Just kept them well fed and got them as babies. Been looking into doing it in my tank and found a lot of stuff on the web and info about it. It can be done. But like everyone says. Every fish is diff and it is a risk. But if u want a little faith in being able to do it. Look up speeds SPS angel on YouTube great looking tank and has like 5 adult Angels in it. Now this is SPS so that's what I'm going for with mine. So not sure about the coral u r looking for that might be a higher risk.

With out risks being made nothing exciting and new would ever be found.

Losing money isn't to exciting to me bud lol especially 100+ in this economy lmao but thanks I just purchased some so I guess I'll find out

Back
Top Bottom