Angels in a 180.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O ok thanks . I can't zoom in enough with my phone. I guess that's what is written above the pic.

LOL... Yep. They are really great fish. How old is your tank? You want a well established tank before you get one.

Tanks still in the works. My sump tank broke while I was cleaning it so I got set back. I just need the sump , water , salt, sand, a lid , and rock. I'm trying to get my stock figured before hand. How long should the tank be established before adding angels?

Depends. Like the copper band and stuff, I'd say a year. Try a tang at first if you just gotta have a fish. It'll be active and keep you pleased for a lil bit. You going FOWLR or reef? My next tank will be a 180g.

Fowlr. I all ready have a 5 inch porcupine puffer and a 1 inch dwarf lion. I think if I do get an angel it would be a regal angel.

Regals are beautiful ,,one of the more sensitive though,,they require pristine water conditions as all large angels do..Some are hardier than others but the regals are one of the more difficult..Just giving you a heads up

O really . It seems like that was the only large angel that doesn't need a 220 gallon. I liked some of the others juvenile colors but wasnt really feeling their adult colors. I'll give live aquaria another look over.

Are angels more sensitive than fw discus? How would you compare the two. I keep discus so I know about sensitive fish.

O really . It seems like that was the only large angel that doesn't need a 220 gallon. I liked some of the others juvenile colors but wasnt really feeling their adult colors. I'll give live aquaria another look over.
Some of those minimum tank sizes can be tricky,,a 220 and a 180 have the same footprint...I really don't get it or know who really comes up with them:lol:
I think a 180 could house one large angel of any kind for a long,long time..probably life
You could look at the ones that stay smaller(under a foot) like the blueline or majestic

Ok thanks for the input. I only ever had 2 sw fish and they are both thriving so really I have no personal experience to say they are or aren't more sensitive than fw.

Back
Top Bottom