Angler Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Thinking about getting an angler. How does everyone like them? I want something that will really amaze people. Are they not active enough? Any preference on type?

Someone on here has a nice white wart skin angler (orange and white) he has a thread about it, maybe he will chime in or search for his thread

Someone on here has a nice white wart skin angler (orange and white) he has a thread about it, maybe he will chime in or search for his thread
Yeah i think your talking about Tim(or me,IDK),,but anyway..
Here are mine
6918171540_a50ef3583f_c.jpg

6832944970_4f333e337e_c.jpg

first one is a white wartskin angler and the other is a painted spotted angler
Not very active ,,but so cool to watch fish and and eat

So if I had a 20g tank, could I just have one? Or maybe two?

what's the tank size requirement for the wartskin angler?

a 20 gallon will do for a warty
they may change to blend in sometimes but they do stay this color

FTMMWS said:
a 20 gallon will do for a warty
they may change to blend in sometimes but they do stay this color

really a 20? I think LA says a 30. but il go off of what u said since u actually have experience with anglers thanks

FTMMWS said:
a 20 gallon will be fine for a warty

Do you have your wartskin in a reef tank? I have a 20 gallon reef with other fish but I can put them in my 75 if I can put a wartskin in there

He's all by himself ,as is the painted ...A reef with just coral is fine or with stars ..No shrimp though..I have also heard of them trying to swallow hermits and snails and dying because of it..

FTMMWS said:
He's all by himself ,as is the painted ...A reef with just coral is fine or with stars ..No shrimp though..I have also heard of them trying to swallow hermits and snails and dying because of it..

Do you have hermits or snails in your setup?
I like watching them alot!

Back
Top Bottom