anglers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flux

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have found a few posts on anglers but never anything about the deep sea anglers. Anyone know if these or any other deep sea fish can be kept in aquariums? If they can has anyone seen a place that sells them? I know this is kind of a long shot and if they can be kept the price would most likely reflect their rarity but the idea of having these horrific looking fish in a tank is to tempting.

i would agree, i have never even seen one in the local aquarium (shed aquairum), i would think keeping the incrediable pressure and extreme cold temps would be hard, plus u would more than likely have to adopt some kind of red light as i don't think those fish recieve any daylight.

I had seen some at an aquarium. Well I didn’t really see them it was a dark room and you could see their lights. I don’t know if the lack of pressure would kill them but I could see why even a room temperature tank would. I guess my dreams of a deep sea tank will have die here.

I don't know much on the topic but I would have to imagine that the tanks would be pressurized. Just like humans can't exist at those pressure depths, I don't think those fish can survive at normal water pressure.

Also, how would they catch a deep water fish. Sure can't dive for them. Would be a pretty expensive expedition to even go after them. :wink:

Also, how would they catch a deep water fish. Sure can't dive for them. Would be a pretty expensive expedition to even go after them.
yup, lets leave that for discovery channel or james cameron to find :D

Back
Top Bottom