ANNOYING CLEANER SHRIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sicklidkid

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK so yesterday i got a featherduster. After drip acclimating it for 2 hours i put it in, it soon opened up. It was all good until my 2 cleanershrimp and 1 peppermint shrimp(who has never attempted to clean anything until now) decided it would be fun to try and clean my feather duster. So they did it until the featherduster went back in. Now all they do is wait around it till it decides to poke out just a little and then are all on it trying to clean it and it shoots back in. :evil: . So now it isnt even trying to come out. And they are still waitng around it. WHAT SHOULD I DO! I am afraid my feather duster will starve and i wont be able to see it. Can anyone help me out?
THANKS

I wouldn't worry too much, my cleaners harrassed my dusters for a couple days now they don't even look at it.

I don't think there is anything you can do but wait until the novelty of having something new to interact w/ wears off. Cleaner shrimp tend to be very curious critters.

Thanks, They also always annoymy snails and try and peel them off of the glass. Well i hope they forget sbout it soon. Tanks again.

Mine ride on snails too, I think they are just picking at the algae on the shell, if the snail is reproducing the cleaner will eat what it can also.HTH

But i do find it annoying when i am trying to do something in the tank and they wont leave my hand alone. :roll:

That's funny..... maybe try giving em more food to get their little shrimp tummies full and they will wander off for a while?

LOL cleaners are always doing something weird.

LOL that would be funny. I think they aare finally loseing interest in the duster but they are bugging 1 of my emeralds and are cleaning his back. When he gets the chance he takes a stab at them but they just wont seem to go away lol. Wel thanks everyone! :D

its really funny watching them eat. Take a new pair of tweezers and put some fish food on it and they will eat it all. It's kinda funny. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom