Annoying crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RichC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello
I have a salt water tank with living rock and put a crab into it a year ago. Now I have decided to get some corals I discover the crab will not help... is there an easy way to remove it, especially given I only see it hidden in the rocks.
Many thanks
Rich

Moved to the SW forums for more answers to your question.

Try the tilted glass trick. Take a glass and put it in your tank. Have it tilted leaning on some LR with some food in the bottom. The crab will walk down to the food but wont be able to walk back up the glass because of the angle. You`ll be able to remove the glass with the crab in it.

BTW welcome to AA.

Thank you

Thank you for the advice, I shall attempt it later - my tank is not the easiest to drop things into as about 1.4m deep. I tried the trick with a inverted bottle yesterday but no reaction as of last night, we'll see what the night produced. I half expect to find my brittle star (30cm arms) to have the bottle on a limb.
Given that I only spot the crab 20% of the time, I guess this could take a while to work.
I'll keep you posted.
Thank you for the welcome.
Rich

Back
Top Bottom