Another light question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I know there are hundreds of light questions on here but I was hoping you folks could give me so ideas. I have a 75DT with two of the cheap 120w LEDs I also have a 55DT that's been running for about 10 months that was suppose to be for two sea horses I promised my wife anyways here's my question. is there any other LEDs out the that would work on the 55 that is just one piece that would work to grow any coral and are affordable? I like the cheap 120s but would like something with as much power as the two but in one light if you understand all this lol

Are you wanting to keep coral in the 55? If so what kind? that will dictate what you can get.

Yes I would like to keep any kinda of coral I like it all. I don't want to worry about my light not being good enough if I like a piece

Hmm as afar as price you really cant beat the chinese fixtures. I cant think of anything similar that will be less than $300 that will cover a 55g tank.

Is there anything you dont like about the leds you have now? Is there a reason you wanted to explore other options? Or were just hoping that there would be a cheaper alternative?

I re-read your intital post and i see you wanted a single fixture....the only thing I can think f are the maxpect lights, but they are kinda pricey. You also will be lighting the center brace as well if you go with a single fixture/

All yeah I forgot about that darn brace lol. And no nothing wrong with the LEDs I got I just figured something different plus it's only 12" wide. And one would be easier to hang or install. I love the cheap LEDs. Thanks Carey I'm gonna look up the max I never seen them before I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to lights that's why I figured I would ask so I don't miss out on something. Thank again

You could try Ebay or Amazon and search for a fixture that has the dimensions you want and has 3 watt LED's. Make sure it also has a good mix of blues and whites and is dimmable.
I looked on there for about 5 minutes just now and didn't find anything that was one piece.

Back
Top Bottom