Another one Bites the powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMANIQU77

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, here's another dumb turbo snail story for me. A couple of weeks ago, a turbo snail died after being sucked into a powerhead.

Well, tonight, I found one again. I mean, so these things don't have instincts or something?

I feel bad for the loss. But cmon. Be afraid of the suctioning water, my snail friends. Slither away from these things.

And stop hopping onto my cheapo wave maker rotating attachment because you are making it stay pointed down to the sand.

What a nuisance, these turbos.

I think that they're doing this in protest over you allowing fish, corals and other nuisance type creatures in your snail tank :)

I must be blessed with 2 of the smarted ones. Have had them for over a year.
THey can cover some serious ground.

Also have seio powerheard which probably saves them.

Yeah I placed sponges on my PHs because I lost inverts and a mandarin. It is a tough chice depending on what you have. I am now looking at building an external closed loop system and eliminating the PH all together.

I just lost my BTA to my powerhead. That really sucked. :( Then my turbo snails kept knocking over my hammer coral into the sand. I finally got my hammer secure and about 5 minutes later it was knocking over my candy cane coral! I know what you mean by them not being the smartest of animals. They do a decent job with my algea though!

I've had 7 snails just disappear.. no bodies, no shells, no nothing.. just missing snails.. but everything else in the tank is great.. Oh and one was a huge "mexican"? snail.. he should have been hard to hide.. anyone else have disappearing snails?

Yeah, but i think i know where they're at. They are nass. snails so i know there in my sand bed somewhere! :) only a few come out at a time though. check behind your tank and with in a 5-6ft radius to make sure they arent cruising around somewhere out side the tank! Good luck with the snail hunting!

Speaking of other types of snails, has anyone found in their tank a white slug that looks like a snail without a shell but with this shell-like hump in the back?

I am charging my digital camera batteries right now so I don't have a pic yet. What's with that shell-less snail? Is that reef safe?

I just got one of those the other day when i got my brain coral. I was wondering what it was too but i didnt post anything yet because i cant find the thing any more. Only mine had little wire looking things coming off its back where the snail shell would be. Anybody else might now what it could be?

Back
Top Bottom