another question on lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evenings

Aquarium Advice Activist
again im thinking of upgrading my lights. I currently have a 36" Orbit 2x96 watt SunPaq w/ Lunar Light. I was thinking of maybe getting this. 36" Aqualight Pro, 1x 150W HQI + 2x 65W Actinic + 2 Blue Moonlight LEDs.
lamps-now_1825_1670056.jpg

I have a 65g tank 36inches. is this a good choice?

How deep is the tank? That set up won't give you much "umf" if more than 12-18". With suspension height you should really consider a 250w minimum or a 2x175w. If you're seriously looking at a full SPS/clam tank, a 2x250w would be the best suggestion.

Cheers
Steve

thanks for the advice.. ill keep researching. im more into soft corals, polyps, mushrooms etc

evenings said:
im more into soft corals, polyps, mushrooms etc
Then you really don't need the MH even with the LTA. You could easily add another 2x96, or completely replace the hood with a 4x95w VHO. Even with a softie tank, you won't be happy with a single 150w MH and 2x65w PC

Cheers
Steve

I really like the Coralife Aqualight Pro fixtures. I am close to getting one myself. Here is the problem I see with the 36inch model...Most 36 inch tanks have a center brace on the top. Coralife put one MH bulb in the center of the fixture. It will shine down directly on the center barace of the tank. This could cause shadows or a dead spot in the middle of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom