another sump quistion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kohan Bros.

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am not quit sure on what size sump 2 get i have a empty 20 is that big or should i get a 55 which one sould i use the tank is 75gal

I will be using a 29 gallon sump on a 72 gallon tank. I believe the general rule would be that bigger is better, but space limitations come into play quickly. I've seen many successful systems close to the 20/75 arrangement you're considering. If you have space for the 55, great. That leaves the 20 for a QT. Good luck.

I will be using a 29 gallon sump on a 72 gallon tank. I believe the general rule would be that bigger is better, but space limitations come into play quickly. I've seen many successful systems close to the 20/75 arrangement you're considering. If you have space for the 55, great. That leaves the 20 for a QT. Good luck.

General rule is that bigger is better. The larger the sump you have, the more gal. of water are in your system. The more gal. of water you have the more stable you system will be. It just depends on the space you are putting your sump. The biggest concern for getting a small supm is that if the power goes out it can overflow and run all over the floor. you want to leave enough empty space in your sump for all of the plumbing to drain into it without overflowing.

Back
Top Bottom