Another vacation question, not about food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I will be gone for a few days, leaving on a Tues, returning on a Thurs. I am very uncomfortable putting my lights on a timer. Will the fish be ok without the lights for a few days? I don't have anything that "needs" light.

what is wrong with timers?? They are great, what a PIA it is truning on/off the lights every day and trying to keep a good schedule.

I recently added a timer to my lights and I love it. One less worry to deal with.

You should be just fine to leave the lights off for a couple days, Meredith. I do suggest you get some timers. It makes life a bit easier for you. Go to Wal Mart and get some digital timers. They are very accurate and have a battery back-up so they keep great time. Very safe.

Lando is right, the digital timers are great IMO. It's worth spending a little bit more money on quality timers than having to deal with the frustration of your lights coming on at random times.

It's worth spending a little bit more money on quality timers than having to deal with the frustration of your lights coming on at random times.
About $15 each. Your fish will appreciate the regualr schedule as well.

I guess its not the timers them selves I am not comfortable with. I am probably just super paranoid, but I don't like the idea of the lights popping on and off when I am not home to monitor it. With my luck there would be some electrical malfunction with the timer and it would set my house on fire. If they will be ok with out the lights, that is the way I'm going to go.

Back
Top Bottom