Anticipating My 90 Gallon Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brilliant_Barbs_21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my 90 gallon build is almost is progress. But I'm stumped on the stocking. I definitely want:
1 Yellow Prawn Goby
1 pair of ocellaris clowns
3 yellow tailed damselfish
1 green mandarin (will be added last)
5 longfin fairy wrasse
1 flame angelfish
And then possibly another tang or angelfish? First of all would all of the above plus the tang/dwarf angelfish be overstocked? It's going to have a 40 gallon sump, a large skimmer, refugium, lots of live rock, and plenty corals. If I can get others, does anybody have any idea for reef safe oddballs? My family loves the pretty fish, but I like the peculiar ones. They'll also have to be okay with small slow moving fish like the mandarin and maybe some gobies if I don't get the damsels. I'm stumped! Any ideas?

1 Yellow Tang, And then possibly anther large tang or angelfish? Bad idea in a 90 hate to see you lose fish

Long Nose Hawk

I would reconsider the damsels. Nasty little fish when they want to be. Maybe two or three Anthias instead?

mandarin needs a very stabilized colony copepods to thrive,
tang are very aggressive, I will say put it last
damsels ? hells no those fish are beautiful but they're bullies
consider some cardinals, anthias and chromis

Long Nose Hawk I would reconsider the damsels. Nasty little fish when they want to be. Maybe two or three Anthias instead?
+1

If added early on they can become bullies very quickly and they require a hell of a lot of work to remove. Plus IMO Anthias are gorgeous additions. Lots of movement and color

+1 If added early on they can become bullies very quickly and they require a hell of a lot of work to remove. Plus IMO Anthias are gorgeous additions. Lots of movement and color
Yeah haha I was thinking this right before you guys commented haha. I remember when I got a three stripe in my 10 gallon and it killed every invertebrate I had. Anthias are a great idea. I'll have to be sure my QT is ready before I even think about getting them. So I made an updated list. I'll screenshot it from my notes.

Not sure about the foxface. I'll have to keep it well fed so it doesn't nip my LPS corals. And I believe this might be slightly overstocked anyways. The longnose hawkfish sounds like a good idea for a substitute of the tang or foxface.

Attachments

• image-2058364627.jpg
    image-2058364627.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 96
Not sure about the foxface. I'll have to keep it well fed so it doesn't nip my LPS corals. And I believe this might be slightly overstocked anyways. The longnose hawkfish sounds like a good idea for a substitute of the tang or foxface.

ugh! iOS 7 is horrible!! :nono:

The hawkfish wont take up nearly any space, they perch most of the time. ;-) I have a different hawk in each of my tanks, they are all so awesome! I have a flame hawk, falco pygmy and an arc eye. Each has their own personality and I cant pick one thats any cooler than the other lol. ( well maybe the flame hawk, he is uber awesome)

Thanks, I would stay with one myself but you could do the research on that....

That's true forgot about the mandarin my wrasse definitely does a number on my pods

Back
Top Bottom