Any experience with octopus species in sw?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MABJ

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anybody ever kept one in a 10g or something like that?

you should probably note that they are extremely smart and will end up eating almost every living thing in your tank. I dont think that a 10g would suit them either. If you are going to try i recommend getting a secure lid.

I'm not, I'd just love to someday yknow? Just seeing if anybody has done it.

You might want to research Caribbean pygmy octopus, I know they aren't long lived but do come on the market every once in awhile.

My friend owns a fish store and had a pacific octopus like this one. Octopus-Pacific

It was alot of work. They are extremely messy eaters easily fowling water. 10 g would be to hard to maintain.

My friends regularly opened the lid of the 100 g tank he was in. And the lid had 2, 45# weights on it. Another problem he had was they are nocturnal. Like dead of night nocturnal. He had cameras on the tank to watch it at night when he was home. They are brilliant. He fed it crabs and such in a jar with a lid. Sometimes it would replace the lid after food was removed.

Yeah like Bige was saying, it can be very hard to keep them in their tank. Tricky little buggers, I would also love to house one, but I don't think I ever will. I'll have to enjoy them at the aquarium and on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom