Any foreseeable problems with this filter system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Photoevangelist

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm using a drinking water filter at work, a Woongjin Coway CHP-05H, to do top offs and water changes. It includes an RO filter and was wondering if anyone sees any problems with the filter.

Looks like the first filter is a Sediment Filter, which then goes to a Pre-Carbon filter, then to an RO filter, then to a Post-Carbon filter.

They change the filters out fairly often and clean it as well.

Just to make sure there are no metals or chlorine in the water, I've been using Tetra AquaSafe to treat the water as well. It's the only stuff I've seen available. There's only one real saltwater LFS in this city (I'm in Daegu, South Korea), and he's not always helpful and has given me some bad advice - my coals are all doing well (some are growing and expanding-tank is now three months old), but I recently had a large population of fish die because he told me I didn't need to quarantine my sick fish and the ich would take it's course in 28 days.

I've been up to some saltwater shops in Seoul, they have better selections if I should buy a better water conditioner in addition to the filtered water. Don't have all the options here, but maybe I could see if Amazon.com will deliver conditioners if anyone has a better recommendation.

Attachments

• filter_flow_ro_high.jpg.gif
    filter_flow_ro_high.jpg.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 83
  • CHP-05C[1].jpg
    CHP-05C[1].jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 93
I would invest in a T.D.S. meter and check the outgoing water. It might be fine to use without the water conditioner.

Don't want to jack the thread, but, what is an acceptable TDS reading? I have 400 out of the tap and 024 from my RO/DI.

You want the RO/DI to remove about 95%-98% of the impurities in the water. Looks like your at about 94%. How old are the filters in the unit? How old is the DI resin?

Back
Top Bottom