Any idea what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christopher311

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Posted in the ID forum with no luck.

Came home to find this guy on my glass. No idea what it was but definitely didnt think it was alive. Then i noticed it was crawling with this very cool glow along its body. Sort of like a jellyfish. .

So what the heck is it?

Attachments

• image-4171188243.jpg
    image-4171188243.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 130
Hmm hard to tell some sort of worm I'm not the best at IDing things can you get a close up picture at all?

He's long gone now lol. First time I've seen him in 16 months

Did you watch the YouTube video? That link gives a lower resolution version for some reason. But if you watch it from the YouTube site directly it's 1080p. You can see it pretty well on there

YouTube

That's better. You have to watch in 1080p or at least 720 to make anything out. He's definitely moving. You can see a glow run access his body

If you are referring to the thing that is on the glass it is a worm and it must be back under your substrate now. It must have felt uncomfortable with water parameter and was trying to find its way out.

It just surprised me is all. I really never had any hitchhikers with my liverock. Hard to believe it took 16 months for him and I to run I to each other.

I've got an octopus in that tank so you made me a bit nervous about the water parameters. But everything checked out alright. So who knows what brought him out.

Back
Top Bottom