Any luck with Urchins.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking of getting one. I was told they are great algae eaters and that they might go good with aggressive fish, since they have spines. Anyone have one, if so how's if going?

I have several and my fish leave them alone. Apparently they can strip the coraline off of your LR, but I dont have that problem.

I have 4, no problems except they like to knock my powerheads off once in a while. Have had 3 of them for almost a year. No problems here with coraline. Cool additions IMO.

Just make sure that your Nitrates and Phosphates are as close to 0PPM possible since they don't tolerate Nitrate, it will kill them. Also, I have seastars in my tank with triggers, eels, angels and tangs and they are doing great.

Just make sure to keep it well fed so it doesn't go after your coralline algae.. also make sure your rockwork is secure and stable.

I feed mine a small nori strip once or twice a week. I swear they have aquired a taste for algae now. I frequently see them grazing on it.
A small piece of shrimp or a sinking pellet may do as well.

Back
Top Bottom