Anyone ever had a problem with acropora's touching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had some acros that would touch each other with no issues and others that tried to kill each other. Best bet is to give them plenty of space (they need it anyway and they grow quickly) and keep them cropped away from each other.

What kind of coral is that steve? I have 2 liters of matrix carbon in my trickle. (y) I was asking because I have a pink and a blue acro that are close together. They are not permanent yet I am just trying out some different locations.

Not really sure. The one on the left is some type of Acorpora and the one on the right looks to be a species of Mussid. Really doesn't matter in the long run, all corals are capable of this type of aggression.

Carbon will help with nematocysts (allelopathy) but when it comes to mesenterial filaments, all bets are off. 8)

Cheers
Steve

The one on the right looks exactly like the hydnophora I have. I heard they send out those sweeper tentacles so I made sure I left room all around mine.

Attachments

• hydnophora.jpg
    hydnophora.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 70
I keep mine in my sandbed for that very reason!!

wow! i might want to move my hydnophora. it is not that much further from a montipora capricornus. they have lived peacefully though for about 4 months though

neat pic

steve r

Back
Top Bottom