Anyone ever have problems with a crab who ate their fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milmokes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a crab in my tank that I believe is eating all my fish. They keep disappearing. Some of these are larger fish, a bicolor angel, green chromis, powder blue surgeon,etc. I think it may be a stone or rock crab. I can't find too much information about it and I don't have any way of posting a picture on here for you all to see. Does any one have any helpful hints on how to get rid of it or if you have had the same problem I'd like to hear from you. This crab we got in live rock about 6 years ago. He is brown and now is about the size of a half dollar.

I had to take my rock apart a while back to get rid of a decorator and a CBS..... it's worth it in the long run......

Put a crab trap next to the rock he is in and he should be easily caught.
The first night I put the trap in I caught one of the Rock Crabs living in my LR.

Otherwise

you can wait until you see him and try and spear him with something sharp.

You can Dip the Rock he lives in and he'll jump out.

I'd get him out one way or the other. The Trap is very good.

Got the one called the Xterminator. it's for Mantis and other critters. 15 bucks

A bicolor and a PB Tang? That would be a big crab. Place some food by the glass at lights off to get a look at him. Then you can decide how to proceed.

Back
Top Bottom