Anyone have cats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaiden

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got a new 54g bowfront I'm going to be setting up, and I've got 2 kittens... I'm hoping this isn't too bad of a combo... The hood that comes with the tank is glass and probably what I'll be stuck with for a while. Ideally, i'd build a nice tall hood, but I'm not sure even this will keep them off...

any ideas?

I have three cats--two of them love to sit on the fish tanks. My little fatty lounges on the light strip on the 80 gal and sometimes I catch her on the 50 gal. She and her partner in crime also leap off all my tanks--glass top and plastic tops. So far, they have not broken the tops, but they do knock the filter lids off and drink out of it :roll:

I have two cats and both love to sit on the tanks. At feeding time they jump up and try to catch the fish. They are both de-clawed so it is ppretty humerious.

I wouldn't worry too much.
Fish and cats seem to get a long. Just make sure to keep the hood on tight. I think what keeps the peace is pussy-hydrophobia. Jeff

I have 6 cats. Believe it or not, none of them get on top of any of the tanks. Only 3 are even remotely interested as to what is in them...LOL.

They just sit in front and watch the fishes swim by, every once in a while they will try to "catch" one throught glass.

Mike

My 2 cats were never interested in my tanks untill they noticed that I was spending alot of my time peering into them.

No worries though, They are to fat and lazy to try to make the leap to the top of the tank. ( my kitten is VERY curious about whats behind that door in the stand though.)

i have a 3 1/2 foot iguana that loves to sit in a chair next to the tank and watch the fish. shed stay there all day if i didn't kick her out of the chair. sometimes she will try to climb up the tank but with no luck

Sparky said:
I have 6 cats. Believe it or not, none of them get on top of any of the tanks. Only 3 are even remotely interested as to what is in them...LOL.

They just sit in front and watch the fishes swim by, every once in a while they will try to "catch" one throught glass.

Mike

I have the same deal... my two cats don't sit on top because they can't really see them from the top... they just really like watching them and every once in a while try to slap my trigger through the glass...

it probably wont be a problem, but since they are kittens and will be a little more active, you can put some double sided tape on the top of your tank temporarly (or wherever you don't want them). They dont like that sticky feeling on their feet and will not want to jump up there again. And it won't hurt the fish.

my two cats don't seem to bother my tank. Although, they do get VERY jealous and demand attention whenever I spend any amount of time looking or playing with the tank.

my two cats don't seem to bother my tank. Although, they do get VERY jealous and demand attention whenever I spend any amount of time looking or playing with the tank.

same here....the only time my cats go anywhere near my tank is to harass me for attention when i am looking at it

Back
Top Bottom