Anyone raise Pectinia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gregcoyote

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got a beautiful specimen in. Have it under full spectrum LED at about 350 PAR. Modest circulation, anyone have any suggestions on this coral?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397078553.698817.jpg

Greg, enjoyed all your insights here, just wanted to say thank you for them. I don't have pectinia, but after seeing this picture, I want some lol. Any feelings on placement etc?

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you. In researching it, like all things, there is some controversy. I am starting it under similar conditions the grower had it under. I have had mixed success with fleshy corals like this. I seem to be better at growing acros than I am at corals like this one.

I have a nice big one. Oneof the first coral I bought. Did ok under T5's, didn't grow but stayed alive. I set up my LED's and it took off!. It's in the sand bed because when I had it mid tank the green flesh started turning transparent like it was getting too much light. I moved it down and it colored up really fast and loves it's home in the sand. I'd say it's doubled in size since January of last year so just over a year.

Weird side note, my paired clowns host it. They hang by it all the time and sleep in it at night. Hasn't bothered it at all and it's been going on a year now...

Animal, any chance of a picture, I'd love to see it. And thanx

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

47799-albums10296-picture65424.jpg

You can see my clowns hanging out by it right here...

47799-albums10296-picture65424.jpg

I had mine about half way up the rock. Not quite acropora lighting, but not acan lighting either......somewhere in the middle. They seemed to do well there. All but this last one that is....

Back
Top Bottom