Anyone tried this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ti6al4v_15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a ten gallon just sitting here with many spare lights to top it with.

Do you think I could put a small carpet anemone in there with a clown or two? Then when the carpet gets big just move it to a larger tank? Has anyone ever tried this or anything like it?

TIA,

Lane

I wouldn't recommend it. The water volume is far to small to properly offer an anemone a healthy existance. The only anemone species I would recommend for smaller tanks are non-hosting species. Better still non-zooxanthellae species like tube anemones.

Cheers
Steve

Define the 'many' in the phrase 'many spare lights'. Please also describe the lights.

Anenomes as steve pointed out need quality water and quality light. using spair lights is as if your lighting the tank with bulbs that you have no better use for implying that they are not new and thus the specitrum and intensity will not be at the bulbs peak level.

I have a pretty new, used for about a month, 175watt MH that I would use. If need be I could also buy new bulbs. I don't think lighting will be a problem.

The lighting will not be a problem as far as intensity but that aside, the size of the tank is the concern. IME, I would not attempt this. The anemone needs much more water volume if it is to do well.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom