Anyone use GARF grunge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just received mine today I will be putting it in tonight and will let you know how it works. I have read a lot about it and it seems good.

How do you actually order stuff off that webpage? Do you NEED to call in? I do not see an order form anywhere or a list of their products and prices. All of the information is all over the place, it is crazy, sort of like a website exploded...

LOL!! you are right there site is screwed up, I just called and ordered some. I ordered 10lbs Grunge plus, and 30/30 snail/hermit crab mix, and he threw in 2lbs of Grunge lite for free. Total with shipping to Pa was $145. I sure hope it works. I put it in and it turned my water to mud. I could not see anything. It is clearing now but, The grunge lite is just mud water filled with critters, and the Grunge Plus is crushed live rock with all it natural stuff. They explain it as a jump starter to old mis treated live rock. We will see??

I've read many good things about it when being used in refugiums/sumps. As maffia said, I heard it was filled w/ all kinds of good critters.

i bought roughly 5lbs and its been in there for a couple weeks, they said it has all the different colored algae (coraline) in it...but other than purple i dont see it. i did get a pod increase which was why i purchased it in the first place...i also was supposed to get a video with my order. i got it and it was a copied on a disc that did not work. I called and they said they would send a new one....i have yet to get it :cry: oh well...all in all it cant hurt and you could get some critters in your mix if they are in that spot wher they scoop from

doug

how do you know your pod population increased? i never see my pods, except a few when i set a trap for crabs and they go in and get stuck, but other than that i never see them. is it just cause i dont have many due to my tanks only a few months old? or do you have to dig in the sand to see them? sorry to go off topic, but i'm just curious :wink:

i never see my pods, except a few when i set a trap for crabs and they go in and get stuck, but other than that i never see them.
A good time for viewing pods is about an hour after lights out. Pods are nocturnal for the most part. Peek in w/ a flash light :wink: .

ive done that, i've put red plastic wrap over my flashlight, but as soon as i turn it on, i see a ton of stuff go scurring away, much too quick for me to identify. is there anyway i can watch at night without them seeing? is red plastic wrap not enough? maybe my flashlight is too strong? any tips on night viewing?

How about lunar lights? Although i'm not ready to upgrade my lighting yet, I'm interested in the lunar night lights. Am I correct that they are used for observing my nighttime critters?

Back
Top Bottom