aqua c remora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
for those that have the aqua c remora, is it best to skim dry or wet? i believe i have it skimming wet (the collection cup is closest to the unit, the black ring about a half inch from the unit), but it doesnt seem to be taking much out. is there a way to get it to take "more" out?

the tank has been runing for a little over a year, and i just got hte aqua c (about 2 weeks ago) i have 2 peppermint shrimp and 3 blue legged hermits, 1 scarlet hermit and 1 medium narrsiouis snail. i just had the death of 2 clowns (RIP :( ) im also upgrading to a 55 gal before i add anthing else. i just wnat to know a good placement of the collection cup to get a good skimmate. ive moved it about an inch from the unit and ill see where that goes. im not sure wher to pu tthe cup exactly to get a good skimmate........

I was just going to come on here to ask the same question. They say there is a break in period of 1-2 weeks on them I have the pro and it seems to be doing good but it is very wet and I have it set pretty high. I was wondering should I move it higher? My tank has only been up sense jan. 28. My inhabitants are in my sig. Thanks.

i have had it set pretty low, so im wondering if i should set it higher, too. maybe if its been since jan i would run it higher. ive set mine higher to see what the difference would be, i guess well see how it does.

i run mine pretty low and get alot of wet skimate. seems to do well. i figure if you get wet skimate then your getting all the bad crap you can out of the water.
it took mine almost a month to start up really well. when i bought it i had second thoughts but it turned out to be a good skimmer.

a month really? wow, the instructions say 1-2 weeks, but i still think its a good skimmer. even at his rate is pullingmore than my old one,so hey..... i was just wonderin the best location to keep the collection cup for best perfomance. ipose it depends on each tank though. ill just keep doin different levels and see what i get.

I am trying a higher level right now to see if I get less wet. Usually I get so much water in there that it is at the overflow tube where it comes up from the skimmer. Should I adjust it higher? I like the power the pro has because It has the Mag 3 pump on it. 350GPH. :) I got it from a LFS and only paid $269 plus tax. My girlfriend convinced them to give us the mag 3 for free cause we could get it online like that haha. They are a cool LFS.

well i had it higher overnight and it seemed to have pulled out more gunk this way. im goin to leave it where it is for awhile and see what i get. definatley a difference.

Mine never even came close to filling the cup until I added an overflow/surface skimmer, no matter where I had it set. Skimming from the surface allows for much better efficiency. Other than that, when you notice a lot of "gunk" in the neck of the cup, that will affect how much skimmate makes it into the collection cup. Remember all that gunk in there is nasty stuff that's being removed from your system... Good luck

I set mine a little higher and it seems to be doing better. Maybe I will try a little higher cause it is still very wet.

ive read that the preskimer does wonders, i guess ill be buying that in the next couple of weeks. thanks for the tip!

Sorry to jump in with another question here but, how quiet is the hang on back remora pro skimmer?

Well its not that bad but its not silent. All you hear is the noise of the water being pushed into the skimmer. The first couple days it is way louder but it goes away.

h8z2luze said:
Well its not that bad but its not silent. All you hear is the noise of the water being pushed into the skimmer. The first couple days it is way louder but it goes away.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom