Aqua C Remora/Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scenicad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been researching skimmers for my 72 gal tank (not yet set up), and I've decided that I like the Aqua C remora series the best. Does anyone out there have an opinion on the tank rating for those two? The remora is rated for a 75 gal tank, but how accurate is that really? Do I need to spend the extra cash and get the Pro?
Also, if I want to add a sump in the future, can I rig the remora to work in that set up or would I need to get another skimmer?

It's so hard to make these decisions without any experience. Thank God for this web site and everyone willing to spend time answering everyone's questions! :D

Get the pro. in my experiance the standar remora is good up to about 45 gallons. Also do not get them with the rio only buy them with the upgraded pumps. The rios do not last long. I only sell them with the upgraded pumps due to pronblems with rio's i have encountered.

It would be hard for you to find a complaint about the AquaC. I think you have made a wise choice!

Agreed - I'm running the Pro on a 55 and it works very well with the upgraded pump. I've seen nothing but complaints about the Rio so get the Mag or whatever upgrade is being sold now. Good choice btw - it's a great skimmer, very quiet once broken in and the inevitable micro-bubbles will disappear after a few weeks.

I'm glad to hear the positive feedback, makes me feel even better about my upcoming purchase...
But I just thought of another question about it -what is the drain fitting I've seen as an option, and why is it beneficial? What's it for?

Back
Top Bottom