AquaC EV-180 vs. Eshopps Psk-150

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhboiler

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am upgrading my 75 gallon FOWLR to include a 38 gallon sump. I have also been considering upgrading to a 90 gallon display, but that's another matter. The first question (I have during this upgrade is the skimmer. In theprocess I will be trading in my remora pro for something a little bigger and better. I am stuck between the AquaC EV-180 and the Eshopps PSK-150. Price isn't an issue as I can get a great deal on either one used right now. I have seen fan forums for both skimmers, but still would like some extra opinions(preferably unbiased or from those who have had both). I like the fact that the AquaC can be mounted outside of the sump and therefore I could make my refugium bigger. Having a remora, I also have had a great customer service experience with AquaC. However, the Eshopps is needle wheel and everything I have heard is that is the best way to go these days. Any thoughts from anyone on the matter?

I have the EV-120 on my 75. It's a good skimmer but is a little difficult to get dialed in. I would recommend a valve between the pump and the skimmer to assist. Mine is in sump and I would recommend running the outlet from the collection cup back to the sump until you have it dialed in. It's better that go back to the sump than onto your floor and carpet.

I can't speak to the Eshopps' skimmers, but I do have a skimmer with a needlewheel, and the AquaC blows it away. The guy I bought it from said it out-performed his Reef Octopus.

I have a psk-150 now in my 125g, and so far I like it. I have only been using it for a few days though, and I need to work with it a little bit more. :)

Back
Top Bottom