AquaC Remora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

salituro

I just received the aqua c remora skimmer. Can someone tell me how the powerhead attaches to the skimmer? I have the maxijet1200. Pics would be awesome!!!!

Thanks

There should be a piece of tubing in the box. One end goes on the skimmer intake nozzle and one end on the power head output nozzle.

There should also be a black plastic clamp that you put over the hose and clamp down on the skimmer.

I would show you pics of mien but I have the overflow box thus my PH is hidden.

The directions that came with the skimmer are really easy to follow and the skimmer setup is fairly simple. I was staring at the instructions trying to make it more complex because i knew it couldnt be only two or three steps.

I was staring at the instructions trying to make it more complex because i knew it couldnt be only two or three steps.

I agree I was doing the same I hooked mine up and looked at it and looked at the directions and was like Is this all I need to do?? no way gotta be more to it.. Take it apart and put it back together I guess thats it.. plugged it in and wham instant progress.. woooo hooooo

James

Two things everyone who has a Remora should know: Tighten the plastic clamps one more click (carefully!) with a pair of pliers. I have had a PH blow off of one, on a customers tank naturally :cry: , and it really makes a mess of a DSB. I usually include an extra instruction sheet with all the Remoras that I sell, but I forgot to send salituro one with his skimmer :oops: . I also recommend pulling the injector plug once a month and cleaning the injector and the plug. Failing to do this can result in a buildup on the exposed threads of the plug making it nearly impossible to remove later. It only takes a second to do and is well worth the effort. Yeah...you guessed it...I've had to drill a couple of them out. Be careful not to thread the plug in too far when you reinstall it. It can go all the way through and fall into the injector cavity. A little leakage around the plug is normal.

Tighten the plastic clamps one more click (carefully!) with a pair of pliers
Been there done that.. Learned the hard way lol

James

Back
Top Bottom