AquaC Remora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyingL0

Aquarium Advice Activist
Looking for some pics of a aquac remora in a tank. I just want to see what it looks like before I buy one.

The bulk of the remora hangs on teh back. From the tank you only see a PH on the intake and on the outlet a water fall. Ill try to get a pic of mine thats on my sump a little later.

Here is mine. Ignore the little tube worms on teh sump.

Attachments

• remorac.jpg
    remorac.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 110
I think it works fine for tanks smaller than 55 gal. I have this on an 80 gal tank with a 30 gal sump and I feel its a little undersized for the job but I run my 75 with no skimmer so undersized is fine with me. I used to run it on a 45 till I merged it with the 75 and then I had a fairly new skimmer not being used so I just stuck it on the 80's sump. I plan on starting up my 20 again and ill probably put it on there.

Remora fresh in the box:

rem1.jpg

Remora and a Excalibur HV1:

skimmers.jpg

Some Remora Skimmate:

remskim.jpg

For comparison, here is some Excalibur HV1 skimmate:

rem0.jpg

And here is the Excalibur overflow / bubble box:

nr.jpg

I like the Remora myself, but the Excalibur is a better skimmer IMO, and cheaper. The Excalibur got more skimmate, that was daker, more quickly than my Remora ever has. As a downside, the Excalibur is harder to clean and the Rio pumps that fit in the overflow boxes are flaky.

Currently I use the Remora and the Excalibur is in my basement waiting to be used on a a bigger tank. My tank is only 15g, I am not too worried about losing some efficiency. The Remora is just super easy to use and I even stuck my heater in the Remora. The Remora also looks way better on the back of a small tank, this was important in my current setup.

The remora is the cleanest hang on on the market right now. I will try and post some pics of the one i have on my sons 26 gallon.

I have a 46 gallon tank with a Fluval 404 canister filter and a powerheard on the other side. Will the remora be good enough for my setup?

It would be sufficient for a 46g, though a Remora Pro + Mag pump would be better ;) For sheer skimming ability, you can do better than a Remora. For ease of setup and use, you can not beat a Remora. Remora are basically impossible to mess up, there is only on adjustment, they are not affected by the water level in the tank, and you can clean the injector, riser tube, and collection up in about 3 minutes. You just dump the cup every few days, and every few weeks you clean the parts listed above and that is it.

You need to figure out what is most important to you. Also, if you do a sump, you can get a better skimmer as well, for a bit over $200...

Back
Top Bottom