AquaC Remora Skimmer Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisB

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here is a question for all AquaC Remora Pro users. I have been running an AquaC Pro with a Mag Drive 3 pump and a pre skimmer box for 6 weeks. The foam that the skimmer produces is very clear and the collection cup will fill within 15 minutes if the collection cup is set at the lowest level. I can raise the cup, but the foam produced is still very clear and it appears to just let the smaller bubbles fall back down the tube.

Is this normal for this unit?

Is there an adjustment that I need to make?

I do not have the drain fitting on the box. I plan on retrofitting this later.

This is running on a 75 gallon, all water test are good.

TIA

The tank is 75 gallon, 85 lbs of live rock, 1 blue damsel, 1 3-strip damsel, 1 dart, 1 cleaner shrimp, 12 turbos, 5-10 hermits.

No chemicals added in a couple of weeks. I started using RO/DI this weekend. The last chemicals added were AmmoLock to remove the chlorine. I do a 10% water change every weekend. The ammolock was only added to the tap water. I mix the water a few days in advance. I use Oceanic salt mix.

looks like you need more of a bio load. And you need to raise your cup really high. My band is @ the half way point and gets great yucky foam...

It's all about cup adjustment. Too low and all you're doing is pumping saltwater. Too high and the bubbles will never make it to the top. You want to adjust it so the bubbles reaching the surface are pretty dry looking. It should be foam, and not bubbles. Small bubbles droping back are fine as the gunk they are carrying will just come up with the next set of bubbles. They'll still be clear bubbles, but when they pop and condense to fluid the fluid will be dark.

Back
Top Bottom