Aquarium Backing/Scenery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdellin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got this idea from my sister, who has a mouse cage with decoration behind it, tried it with my tank and it came out pretty good.

I happen to have space behind my tank on the stand it's sitting on, the stand is attached to the wall. Anyway, I bought some styrofoam "fake-plant-holder-block-thingys" at Wal-Mart and some assorted silk plants. I made a couple of small arrangements and put them behind my tank, along with some lava rocks I had from an old freshwater tank.

The effect is that when viewed through the tank, It looks like it's part of the tank, giving it more depth. I'm sure some of you could be a little more creative, but I just wanted to share this.

I was going to add an acrylic box with the decorations in it, but this worked out fine for me with my setup and saved the expense of the acrylic box.

Attachments

• new_background_151.jpg
    new_background_151.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 171
Looks great (y) Tank is coming along nicley to. That is a good idea for a background. There is a LFS around me that has it FO SW tanks on a white shelf with a white wall behind them. The tanks are about 8-10ins way from the wall and in the space they have colorful fake coral peices. It lookspretty nice. Adds depth and color to the tank and the decorations do not get all covered in algae and loose color.

lando said:
There is a LFS around me that has it FO SW tanks on a white shelf with a white wall behind them. The tanks are about 8-10ins way from the wall and in the space they have colorful fake coral peices.

Oh no! Now I gotta go buy fake coral pieces!

Back
Top Bottom