Aquarium cleaner package: Good or Bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AirRazr

Aquarium Advice Activist
I found this cleaner package on eTropicals.com. Let me know if you think it's worthwhile. They want $100 (with free overnight shipping) for the following items:

20 Scarlet Reef Hermit Crabs
15 Astraea Turbo Snails
20 Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crabs
1 Sally Lightfoot Crab or Fighting Conch - Aquacultured
1 Arrow Crab
2 Emerald Mythrax Crab
3 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Coral Banded Shrimp
10 Nassarius Snails

TIA
Wes

personally it looks good to me... tho im not too sure about the CBS... but in my case buying all that from my lfs would cost around 300 :S but then again my lfs changes like 9 bucks for a scarlet hermit...

oh and be careful with the arrow crab too...

The quantity is fine for a 75g. I would prefer more snails and less crabs, probably leaving out the Arrow and Mythrax crabs.

It's a prefab package. Don't have control over the contents. I just didn't know if that was too many crabs for a 75 gal tank. What about the 3 peppermint shrimp and the CBS, do ya'll think the CBS will kill them?

ive heard in a couple instances they will pick on corals and thing... i was warned against them a few times thats why i never picked one up... but then again i hear alot of things at my lfs...

AirRazr said:
4enzix said:
oh and be careful with the arrow crab too...

what should I worry about with it??

I have heard about Arrow Crabs taking out small fish occassionally. They are great for folks with large bristle and/or fireworm populations.

Skip the arrow crab and the coral banded shrimp. Both can mess with corals and are known to eat small fish and other mobile inverts. But don't let that stop you from buying the package. Talk to your LFS and see if you can either get credit for or simply give them the unwanted animals. The price is still good.

http://www.wctropicalmarine.com/reefpackages.html

check out the snail heaven package.

The package comes with 5 Nerite Snails, 8 Margarita Snails, 12 Nassarius Snails, 10 Cerith Snails, 3 Turbo Snails.

a package is $26.60. I use two packages for my 75g.

I prefer snails over crabs. With crabs there are potential problems in the future.

Back
Top Bottom