Aquarium Seam Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Maybe I'm just paranoid but living in an apartment on the 3rd floor I have to be. My display tank is a all glass aquarium brand and its a year old. The glass panes on the left side are not completely flush. There is a small lip on the top portion of the seam since the 2 panes of glass are not flush. The silicone looks and the black trim is not cracked good but still. This particular tank I'm talking about is a 55 gallon from petsmart I believe. This isn't my 75 gallon. No bubbling in the seams and silicone looks good. Tank has been up for a year. I just happen to be cleaning the glass and noticed it...Don't really wanna disturb my reef but I'm thinking should I take this tank down and get a new one.....or am I being paranoid.

i just went around my house, and i counted 3 tanks that the glass wasnt flush. I wouldnt worry about it. one was about an 1/8th off slanted. but really its all about your piece of mind. Is it going to keep you up and take what should be an enjoyable experience and make you worried about it all the time. But after looking at mine, im not worried about it.

i just went around my house, and i counted 3 tanks that the glass wasnt flush. I wouldnt worry about it. one was about an 1/8th off slanted. but really its all about your piece of mind. Is it going to keep you up and take what should be an enjoyable experience and make you worried about it all the time. But after looking at mine, im not worried about it.

You just eased my mind lol. Mine isn't off that much and the silicone looks good. Thanks alot.:)

I have a 55 gal. Been up for about 4 years with no seam problems and they are not perfectly flush...off by just a little bit (I just went to check)

Back
Top Bottom