are midas blenny known for pecking at algae on the glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
mine has been doing this and i havent heard of them eating algae. Im wondering because he eats a lot but maybe i am not feeding him a lot

Alot of your blennies will eat algea. If he`ll eat it then let him do it. I feed mine every other day. Been doing it for 14+ yrs now.

I don't have experience with Midas blennys but I do have a starry (he's actually in my avatar pic) and he goes around eating off the glass and rocks (film algae, I don't have hair algae or anything of the like).

I also put in the seaweed/algae sheets for him and he'll eat them really well. He will take a bite or two of other foods that I feed my other fish (clowns and a wrasse).

I love the little guy, he has so much personality! I love the blennies in general and will definitely have more if/when I set up more or a larger tank.

blennies are definitely one of my favorite types of fish, i wish i could add a lawnmower and tailspot blenny :(

blennies are definitely one of my favorite types of fish, i wish i could add a lawnmower and tailspot blenny :(

They are mine as well. Both ones you mentioned and the midas are ones I'm particularly fond of. The starry too of course as thats the only blenny I have, they do look similar to the lawnmower I think.

I wish I had a larger tank or another tank to be able to have more than one blenny. :lol:

My midas blenny will eat the nori off my veggie clip, he could also be picking at pods on your glass. I read somewhere that they have been known to eat some pods. Anyway, I agree with everyone blennys are awesome, I love my midas. He is quite the interesting fish.

Back
Top Bottom