Arrow crab and coral banded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adio800

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can you have both if these inverts in the same tank( arrow crab and coral banded shrimp)

I would use extreme caution. I had an arrow crab that was making meals out of my livestock. Then I got a coral banded shrimp and after a month he did the same. So I can only imagine both together. I'm sure someone will say it's possible, everything is possible, just use caution. If you do it an they start picking on one another remove them. Good luck!

Alright thanks I just had the thought because they are both really cool

Adio800 said:
Can you have both if these inverts in the same tank( arrow crab and coral banded shrimp)

If you are getting ether of those 2 for a particular job. A dotyback fish will do better then the both combined. I have had them all and the fish will cover more of your tank in 30seconds then the other 2 will look over in one day, searching for bad stuff 24/7. The arrow crab is cool thou. Also arrows will eat fetherdusters.

Yeah, arrows will eat anything they can pick apart. Very neat creature though. I was upset when I had to trade him in.

Adio800 said:
Will a coral banded mess with a star fish

Smaller ones some times. There hit or miss with anything they can get a hold of. One tank may never have a problem the next they'll eat anything.

My arrow crab was seen one day eating a hermit crab. 2 days later eating on a cleaner shrimp. Of course, dunno if they were already dead before he got to them, but I returned him anyway.

If you must have one of'm and have room for both, I'd go with a mated pair of of CBS.

austinsdad said:
My arrow crab was seen one day eating a hermit crab. 2 days later eating on a cleaner shrimp. Of course, dunno if they were already dead before he got to them, but I returned him anyway.

If you must have one of'm and have room for both, I'd go with a mated pair of of CBS.

Hear that. My arrow pulled a live hermit out and ate him up. Bad news. I would like a mated par of bandies.

Do u have to buy them mated and how do u know male or female

Adio800 said:

The arrow crab gets real big and will kill other inverts.
Get the Golden banded shrimp.He won't kill like the regular coral banded one.I have him in 3 gallon Pico with two sexy shrimp with no problems.See video at Ricksreef1 on YouTube.

Got my pair at the lfs and saw them side by side in the same 40g tank. Lived with a pistol shrimp and 3 scarlet cleaner shrimp in a 75g tank and no prblems, but of course your mileage may vary. :) :)

Back
Top Bottom