Astrea snail babies????/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nyghtone

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I've read that saltwater snails are extremely hard to breed, and that almost all are wild caught. My fiance bought a HUGE one a couple of months ago and after bringing it home it started getting little tiny white spots all over it. In the last few days they have started to climb off and develop color and they are little snails!!!!! Is there any chance that this astrea was actually pregnant and had babies, or are these probably a different species? There is litterally like 50-60 of them, and if they ARE astreas that would be sweet, cause I could use more, I'd actually have to get rid of a few I think, haha.

I would post a picture, but they are too small to capture, but they are most certainly snails now that they've all grown quite a bit. Any help with this would be great thanks!!!

hmm... I'd try to keep them alive as long as possible, and then have a nice chat with your LFS and see if they are up for a trade. :D

I have nassarius snails that lay huge clumps of eggs everywhere, but have yet to see any babies. I think they hatch into a free swimming larvae then just go into the pump and die. Theres a very good chance you have baby astreas, good luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom