ATO recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z_dano

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 56 gallon reef and I store my fresh water in 5 gallon buckets. I would like to keep that all the same (I have no room for anything else). I've looked around but I'm not really sure what would be best (there is a huge price difference in some of these). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I can only speak on the Tunze Osmolator which is at the top of the price range when it comes to ATOs. Operation has been flawless thus far. Only had one instance where the pump got airlocked (at least thats what I think). Otherwise its been the best investment in my setup thus far.

I have a sump, albeit a small one. My tanks a column so there is less room underneath. Everything fits except the 5 gallon home depot bucket (which drives my wife nuts also) of fresh water. I'm getting off track. I've read the reviews on those and they seem to be mostly goof but my question is this... What sets those apart from the rest, other than being double the price?

Sorry to hijack, but for those with the JBJ auto, which mode/setting do you run? There's an option for 1 or 2 sensors. Just wondering what folks like to use.

I cant remember which one mine is on. Im not home rigjt now. Bpth of my floats are in my sump for high and low water. Which ever setting that is.

Does the JBJ have an auto shut off if the pump has been running for a certain period of time (the Tunze has that feature)...

Also, w.r.t. salt creep on the JBJ floats, has anyone had an issue where the floats have been stuck open (or closed)? The "electronic eye" (presumably an IR sensor) in the Tunze is what has me leaning towards that unit, since the failure mechanisms between the two sensors on the Tunze are different (ie, salt creep won't cause an eye to fail).

I've had the jbj for a couple years now an haven't
Had any problems. The pump will time out if its been running
Too long. Also, I've never had any problems with salt creep on the
Floats.

Back
Top Bottom