automatic feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fvalbr2l

Aquarium Advice Regular
just wondering what everyone does while away. I'm looking for a automatic feeder that can be under the hood, if any. anyone used the fish mate automatic feeder.

I haven't heard of too many good ones.

I prepare small bags of food for a friend who stops by every 2-3 days and dumps one bag into the tank.

I have a 45gal top off resovoir with an ATO to take care of top offs. I did need to explain how to remove and empty the PS collection cup.

I am leary of autofeeders. I do not have too much expereince with them however. It is always best to try and get a trusted friend or pay a LFS to stop by every couple of days to not only feed the tank, but to do top-offs and make sure everything is okay. I am comfortable leaving my tank unattended for 2-3days. Anything past that and my tanks need top-offs and feedings. If you do get a friend or neighbor to stop by it is always a good idea to let the LFS know someone else is watching your tanks and that they may get a call for help shoud it be needed. My LFS is glad to be "on call" if needed.

Back
Top Bottom