Average Evaporation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is everyones evaporation rate. Mine was just a couple gallons a week untill I added a skimmer in my sump and had to remove the glass lid. Now I'm going throughabout 6-8 gallons a week and I havnt installed the MH's yet. I can see this number going way up in the near future.

There is no average. There are too many variables.
Tank size, sump size, lighting, flow rate, climate, etc.

I live in the Northeast. The temperature and humidity are extremely variable. I might have the windows open one day (it was 65 on New Years day), or the heat or the ac.

I generally drip between 1 and two gallons a day. That's on a 125 with a 30 gallon open sump/fuge (about 10 gallons of water) and 384w CF lighting.

Just over 12 gallons a day, I drip 10 gallons a day of kalk the balance is made up from ro/di.

Mike

I add about 2 gallons a day on my 210, It varies a little with the seasons loosing more in the summer.
No strong lighting or I'm sure it would be more.

I do about 1-2 gal a day for my 90. When you get your MH's you should consider an auto-topoff system with a float switch. Another member just documented the steps with great pics and instructions. I can't remember his name, but if you do a search I'm sure you'll come across it.

Mine is around 3-4 gallons a day. I will be looking into the auto top off soon. It is tiring sometimes to continue adding water. Thanks for sharing the article Heineken.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom