B-ionic experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MT79

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got my Alk and CA where I want them with a few water changes now I plan on using b-ionic to maintain them. CA-400ppm ALK-3.0 meg/l. I have 4 LPS's all fairly small, 3" each across the base, and "lots" of coralline. (29 gal). Anybody have any experience with B-ionic? I need some help with the amount I should dose to keep the CA, ALK stable? I realize every tank has different demands, but a good starting point would be great.

It is really hard to say. It may be easier to "map out" your ALK and Ca usage over the course of a couple weeks to see what those levels do. Then you could adjust your dosing to match the depleting levels.

Or for the impatient... ;)

Just begin using the recommended dosage and test your levels each day. If you see them starting to rise, cut back. If they are falling, dose more. It is really trial and error more than anything else.

I don't have any experience with B-Ionic. I use Kent's Tech CB series. I believe those two products are pretty much neck and neck with each other as far as popularity and usage.

Just begin using the recommended dosage and test your levels each day. If you see them starting to rise, cut back. If they are falling, dose more. It is really trial and error more than anything else.

This is the method I would use. It is a bit tiresome for a week or so, but will work well. Once you find the proper daily or every other day dosage, you can test once a week and adjust your dosage as the demands on your tank go up.

I don't have any experience with B-Ionic. I use Kent's Tech CB series. I believe those two products are pretty much neck and neck with each other as far as popularity and usage.

If I can find it...I think I'm gonna go with the Warner Marine two parter, from what I've read it is supposed to be very good, I am currently using up a gallon of the kent stuff, once it's gone...I'll be going to bionic or the Warner Marine two parter.

If I can find it...I think I'm gonna go with the Warner Marine two parter, from what I've read it is supposed to be very good, I am currently using up a gallon of the kent stuff, once it's gone...I'll be going to bionic or the Warner Marine two parter.

I haven't heard of the Warner Marine supplement. Will have to check into that. I am in the same boat as you. I have one gallon of both Tech A & B to use up. Once I finish that I may change to B-Ionic. Just want to try something different.

I've used both, I started with C-balance, then B-ionic, then the Kents. I have always felt that Kents and C-balance were very week. I have to use twice the recommended dosage to maintain CA and AK levels, event though I dose kalk every night. B-ionic always mangaed to maintain levels using less product.

For a 29 gallon try 4ml's a day, You may have to move up to 5ml's per day.That should get you in the ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom