Baby Aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aadair22

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I picked up a birdsnest frag today, acclimated, dropped it in my DT (I have to start QTing my new purchases.. :facepalm: ) and now I notice an extremely small baby aiptasia right at the base of the frag. What can I do to remove it without damaging the frag? Or should I just pop the coral off the disc and glue it to a rock maybe?

I'd probably just ditch the plug and superglue the frag to some rock. If you want to keep the frag, you can use a lighter and burn the aiptasia off. Take out a bit of tank water and rinse off the frag before you return it to the tank.

I'd probably just ditch the plug and superglue the frag to some rock. If you want to keep the frag, you can use a lighter and burn the aiptasia off. Take out a bit of tank water and rinse off the frag before you return it to the tank.

Don't think I could do that without damaging the frag, unless I glued it back onto the disc afterwards.. first aiptasia ive had to deal with.. ugh.

I'd just ditch the plug. They're ugly anyways. Birdsnest grows fast so don't worry about breaking off a small piece from the base if you have to.

Back
Top Bottom