Back at it. Need some help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hollywood

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey people.

Been a long time since running a tank and finally getting back into it.

So far I have my tank(90g)filled, rock in(80lbs), substrate in(40lbs), filter running. Tomorrow I am adding the salt and trying the skimmer.

My question is, I have a bag of salt that has been in storage for a long time, no markings no instructions not sure of the brand. I used instant ocean before but this could be something else. Is this salt ok to use and is there a general rule for any brand? I have a salinity tester and just need a place to start at.

Ball parkingly 2 1/2 cups per 5g I believe is pretty universal.2 cups may be light and easier to adjust to your desired sg.

So added my salt today. I was advised to wait on plugging in the skimmer. \turned on a few maxi jets to help mixing the salt.

How many lights do I need? I have three strips with 2 bulbs in each. 1 set has One white and one Blue Atinic(spelling could be wrong). Set two has 2 Atinic, and set 3 has 1 white 1 blue.

You can run your skimmer.It will take a week at least to break in anyways usually.
They don't take out much good stuff so no reason not to run it?
Lights depend on if you are going to keep corals or just fish..

Back
Top Bottom