Bacteria bloom bio pellets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moneymike1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys been a while since I have been on but have a problem. I recently just started using a reactor with two little fishes biopellets. I'm using this instead of gfo to try and level off my constant nitrates. However I have had cloudy water for the past three days while using it. Can this bacteria hurt the corals? They don't seem to be opening very big at all. Thanks if you could give me any help.

biobellets take a month to two months to start working. Also the sugars produced by the biopellets should be removed by your skimmer if the biopellet output is set near the skimmer intake.

As for the cloudy water, did you soak the biobellets before using them? I would continue to run your gfo as needed before your biopellets start taking over nitrate/phosphate duties.

I did not soak them. I added them and rinsed them really fast water was coming clear then started running in my take. Could this cause the cloudy water?

When i soak my pellets in water, it's hit or miss if it's clear or cloudy. Either way, do you happen to have carbon running to clean it up?

Yeah have carbon running 24-7. I just wanted to make sure everything would be ok. My nem isn't looking to hot but his mouth is still closed so that's a good sign I guess...?

Just wanted to thank you all for replying and give you an update. The tank is now crystal clear and looking great! Thanks again for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom