Bad Economy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinda

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys I haven't posted for a while. How is the economy affecting your hobby?
I know I stripped my tank until it gets better.

Well, about 5 months ago we got a 180G setup. We went on vacation to new jersey for a week, and picked up Base rock on the way home. A few months ago we got $400 in coral. And now were just buying food since fish and corals are stable.

Lost my job six weeks ago(and as of today still no unempoyment check). Nothing new will be added I'll just keep up on the maint.

it hasnt really affected me, as i really just got in to aquariums back in july and the economy has sucked since before then... basically now all i really need is food and prime, and both of those last a pretty long time. I still occasionally get a few things here and there, but until things get back to normal, no more tanks, and no sw setup for now

MFD try ablackhorse.com they got their stuff CHEAP. prime ect.

kens has great food deals. 30 bucks and I got enough food for 6 months.

I dont have SW but I have actually expanded then tore down operations for a bit, sold my 10'gs got a 15g and a 40gTall, I deflect a portion of my check to a savings account for a cushion but I live like I did as a land surveyor during the boom a few years back, spend it all. Ive done more trading and selling of livestock in the past year and more collecting of natural decor (breeding my own food supply as well) and shopping less.

I am more price and shipping aware now and will shop for days to get the best deal.

MFD try ablackhorse.com they got their stuff CHEAP. prime ect.

kens has great food deals. 30 bucks and I got enough food for 6 months.
im actually good on that stuff for id say a year now... i got three 500ml bottles of prime on friday for $9 each... it was $20 a bottle... i also got 4 things of new life spectrum african cichlid food, that should last me well over a year... i couldnt believe how cheap they had their stuff... if only it were that way everywhere, nobody would be taking down their tanks right now

best part about this is most stores will match prices, if they dont they are making money.

Back
Top Bottom