banded shrimp vs bubble coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashiee2

Aquarium Advice Activist
i bought this banded shrimp the other day and yeah by the looks of the photo he is not doing to well
i thought they were ok with coral

image-3897977299.jpg

I have a coral banded shrimp and he does fine. It's really a 50/50 chance with them. Looks like you got one who is on the naughty side. I would take him back to the store and see if you could exchange. Some are totally reef safe.

Attachments

• image-1570099912.jpg
    image-1570099912.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 105
Mine killed my yellow watchman goby. Snuck up behind and grabbed his tail and it was to late by the time I got my hand close enough to it to get him to drop him. He was trying to swim just couldn't. He went back to the store

im at work at the moment so when i go home for lunch but my girlfriend sent me that picture and sai he isnt moving so i dont think he ia alive

maybe iv have a look when i get home and ill let ya all no . if it is the skeleton do i leave it in there

I like banded shrimps and bubble corals. If I had only one choice I would go with the bubble corals.

bettaowner said:
I like banded shrimps and bubble corals. If I had only one choice I would go with the bubble corals.

+1 on the bubble coral. They are so cool and pretty. And then at night extend their tentacles and slowly eat. Too cool. I loved my bubble coral, until my husband dropped a rock on it on accident and killed it. :(

I just love the way bubble coral looks. There are many other options for shrimp. Personally I prefer the peppermint shrimp.

:) in that pic the bubble looks tiny maybe coz the shrimp is on it .

and damm that sucks that he dropped a rock on it :(
just a thought were do yous put you bubble , up high or low?

why the peppermint shrimp ? is there much difference ??

ashiee2 said:
:) in that pic the bubble looks tiny maybe coz the shrimp is on it .

and damm that sucks that he dropped a rock on it :(
just a thought were do yous put you bubble , up high or low?

why the peppermint shrimp ? is there much difference ??

I tried several places before I found a place it liked. The place it liked was on the sand with decent indirect flow. My rock is kinda in a U shape. It was inside the U, where there is plenty of current, but not being hit by a PH. Then it would bubble all up and be happy. This was it when it was happy:

image-1862066685.jpg

looks about the same size as mine but wow the green in that look AWESOME :)

Back
Top Bottom