Barnacle Blenny?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hammerhead911

Aquarium Advice Regular
My LFS is selling a "Barnacle BLenny." Does anyone know the real name for this fish? They're neat little fish, I just want to read up on them.

I Googled "Acanthemblemaria castroi." All the pictures look close, but not exactly. The ones I saw at the LFS are about two inches long, a light green to brown "camoflauge" pattern, with crimson red eyes. Cool looking buggers.

We have five Barnacle Blennies right now and they are some of the coolest fish we've ever put in out tank! They each occupy their own barnacle hole and eat like little darts, whizzing in out and out so quickly you'll blink and miss it. They're great reef fish, and because they come with their own home (our LFSs always gave us the barnacle to take home with the blenny) they acclimate quickly and other fish don't mess with them.

I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up if you like crazy, lively little fish!

Attachments

• barney_sm_127.jpg
    barney_sm_127.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 99
  • barney_colony_718.jpg
    barney_colony_718.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 98
Yup, that's them. Great addition to my tank. Mine live in two seperate holoes in the live rock. Like you said, they are some of the fastest eaters I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom