basement workshop question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colorblindpicas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question... but here goes. I'm living in a high-rise apartment in Houston. I've got two display tanks in my apartment, but there are also large storage units available in the building's basement. They are climate controlled, secure, and have power and lights. I'm thinking about setting up a small workshop for myself down there where I can frag corals, run a few growth tanks, make salt water, and do other DIY fish projects. The only drawback that I can see is that there isn't any running water. It is just a quick elevator ride from my apartment, so I can bring water back and forth, but I want some way to do RO filtering down there. Has anyone ever seen an RO unit that can run on gravity, maybe with an elevated basin? There isn't really a good place to do it in my actual apartment, but plenty of room for something down in the basement. Any thoughts, on the RO unit or otherwise?

I'm downsizing from a much larger house in College Station. The building I'm in now is in a good part of town so I don't mind, but it makes space an issue. There isn't really a place to have the RO unit conveniently located within my apartment, but if I have to, I'll try to find a low-traffic wall near the washer/dryer. Ideally though it would be down in the basement with the rest of my work area with the rest of the non-show tank fish stuff. That's why I'm searching for a gravity-driven system.

Back
Top Bottom