Became Reef tank - after 15+ years as Fish only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Folks,

So my 220 gallon use-to-be fish tank is now a burgeoning reef tank. All softies right now, Zoas, mushrooms, some 'clove' that look like Xenia but aren't (help).

I just added an LED fixture. Can anyone advise me on the proper mixture of W, B, UV lights for day/moon/nighttime, as well as time-spans....?

Thanks

ps. Are there any other WOMEN out there?? :thanks:

If it's a dimmable unit I have my whites and blues both on 40% right now bc its a new unit. I want to make sure I do not burn my corals - i previously had a 4 bulb 5t light. I have my blues come on at 3pm. My whites come on at 4pm and go off at 11pm. The blues turn off at midnight. The reason why I have a later schedule is because I work late day hours and don't get home till around 10 so I want to enjoy the tank a little bit before bed time.

time lapse corals anyone?

Can one upload .mov to this forum?

i purchased an Illumagic Blaze - It's pretty cool.

Hi Folks,

So my 220 gallon use-to-be fish tank is now a burgeoning reef tank. All softies right now, Zoas, mushrooms, some 'clove' that look like Xenia but aren't (help).

I just added an LED fixture. Can anyone advise me on the proper mixture of W, B, UV lights for day/moon/nighttime, as well as time-spans....?

Thanks

ps. Are there any other WOMEN out there?? :thanks:

If you post a pic of the "clove" coral someone could ID it. What fish do you have in the tank? Did you have to get rid of non-reef safe fish if you had any? All the ladies, now put your hands up. *raises hand* :)

I gave up my French Juv. angel for adoption....:O(

Back
Top Bottom