Beginner to salt water needs help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacpaq2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am just beginning with salt water and I need some help. I want to know what types of corals and fish I should get. I plan on putting them in a 30 gallon + and so far I have these:

2 clownfish

1 royal grammas

Other than that I don't know what to put in. I know I will need a cleaning crew but I plan on getting something to deal with my algae once the problem arises, probably a few snails or crabs of some sort. I also wanted to know if anyone knew about any types of sea urchins or starfish that could help with algae and detritus in the water. And for corals I would like some examples of some low maintenance preferably photosynthetic corals or corals that don't require me to feed. I want this tank to be relatively low maintenance to make sure any suggestions won't take up to much time to feed or maintain.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

let me ask this how long has the tank been set up , what kind of filtration you have ,
what type of lighting do you have , how many power heads for circulation ,
I'm asking so I have a idea of what you have to work with ,
I really can't go into coral until I know a little about your tank and what equipment it has,
as somethings may need to be upgraded,

let me ask this how long has the tank been set up , what kind of filtration you have ,
what type of lighting do you have , how many power heads for circulation ,
I'm asking so I have a idea of what you have to work with ,
I really can't go into coral until I know a little about your tank and what equipment it has,
as somethings may need to be upgraded,

I do not yet have the tank but I am looking to prepare for when I get it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom