Berlin Skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw a Berlin Skimmer yesterday, it was onyl 50 bux! Is it a good investment? Anybody had experience?

Dude! That is so awesome to hear, I am gonna wish for some luck though. I am getting the LR and LS and fish. Then if they still have it I will get it.

There are several different "Berlin" skimmers out there. Which model was it? If it was any of the venturi models, then that does sound like a great price. Is the pump included? If so, what kind and size?
Logan J

That's a countercurrent skimmer, I am wondering if for a 7 gallon aquarium if you won't do fine with a cheaper countercurrent airdriven skimmer, like a lees. These are more than likely "in tank" skimmers, although I'm not sure with the berlin though. To be honest, you might be ok with one of the skilters, for a 7g or no skimmer at all.

I'm betting it's a Berlin 60 and, unless my memory is failing me which is entirely possible, you can buy it new for about $30.00 from www.aquatictech.com . $50 is way high for this skimmer.
The small Lee would do just fine in your tank. Both it and the Berlin are "in tank" models. If you're gonna do a sump, I'd look for one of the small venturi skimmers...you could run the small SeaClone in the sump with some plumbing changes...I think they're set up to go either in sump or HOB. There isn't really room in a 7 for an in tank skimmer. If you're willing to do a water change once a week, you probably don't even need one. JMHO.
Logan J

Back
Top Bottom