Best Book(s), Collections for Reef Knowledge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottayy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking for some books (yes, real books!) that contain identification of lots of different species of corals and care information. Also appreciated would be a large section on water chemistry (though well explained for noobs and not all technical jargon). It would be nice if the books were geared for reef keeping aquarists rather than oceanographers or someone observing them in their natural habitat.

I looked on amazon but there are so many.

Are there any "gold standard" books that are must have?

I like "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert M. Fenner ISBN 1-890087-02-5

It's a little dated but still very informative and easy to read covers a broad range of topics. I believe this is considered on of the "must have" marine aquarium books. Mr. Fenner also answers many questions himself on www.wetwebmedia.com

Saratj1 said:
I like "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert M. Fenner ISBN 1-890087-02-5

It's a little dated but still very informative and easy to read covers a broad range of topics. I believe this is considered on of the "must have" marine aquarium books. Mr. Fenner also answers many questions himself on www.wetwebmedia.com

I agree, covers general knowledge on a broad range of topics. Good book to have at your disposal. "thumb"

Back
Top Bottom